Almost complete: opening act of Lady of the Horde…

Three weeks ago (somehow!) I was in Ohio visiting family, so I wasn’t writing, then, and the next week I had more vacation, so I wrote a few additional chapters, and that brought me to the final chapter in the first act of the book.

I exploded, subsequently, with ideas for that final chapter.

I haven’t written it yet, but gosh, this is the first time since I started writing it that I’ve felt a sense of real momentum.

…Sometimes it’s not in the writing but feeling excited about writing.

Since I still have no discernible readership there’s still no big rush to get any of this done. 

Some of this (and it’s been a whole week, now, of filling in what I want to accomplish in the chapter) would’ve been done in the editing by other writers, certainly. 

I’ve managed about two thousand words each chapter with this one, which in its seven acts brings me comfortably well past what I’ve written in the past decade on a single project. That much is gratifying. I think it might even end up being the longest book I’ve written so far. A lot of genre fans seem to gravitate to length as a distinct measure of worth, so who knows?

At any rate, I’m having fun, still discovering new things about all this, how to write it, how to sell the concept (this will easily be the biggest illustration of the central concept the saga so far).

And the best material of the story is well ahead of what I’ve written. This is all preliminary…

Comments